Back to the freelance world! I meant to write a long post about 4 months ago when I decided to tackle the full-time job world AND continue my freelance businesses, but alas that post is still in draft form. Here's an update - I worked for a few months at a local ad agency and decided recently to come back to freelance life to continue growing my businesses with 110% of my effort, time and dedication. All I have to say is that I'm stoked! I think inside of me, I always knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur. I've always had random side hustles growing up. For instance, back in 6th grade I would sell teen magazine cutouts of teenage celebs like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jennifer Love Hewitt to guy friends of mine to put in their lockers. I made a few bucks here and there doing that as I found a niche and capitalizes on their weaknesses haha.
Anyway, I'm super excited to redevelop my blog content and calendar, and focus more on Blog Bloom, Femme & Fortune, and Olive & Gold Studio - a creative branding + design business with none other than my partner-in-crime. To get you all in the entrepreneurship and blogging mood, below are some of my favorite blog posts and articles I've read this weekend. Enjoy the Monday reading and stay passionate in all that you love doing!
- I've become addicted to washi tape. Here's a creative way to use it on your daily planner!
- A recap from the recent Alt Summit (ggrr one day I'll attend!!). I loved this line - 'Keene had this great insight about running your own business: “If you’re not failing somewhere you are leaving money on the table.”'
- Ok, I couldn't choose just one article, but Women2.0.com is a new awesome resource full of tons of smart reading.
- Argh investing. Finance. Yuck. Here's a cool breakdown in Investing 101 by The Everygirl.
- A painless look on some great stats you can find through Google Analytics. I'm thinking about making my own tips for GA as I used it for clients in the past, but I'll have to brainstorm some more on how I can best teach it to you all.
- Just came across the Biz Ladies series on Design Sponge. Yes please!